Our Investment

Forward-thinking Investments in our Community

Lac La Biche County Council is investing in exciting new projects that will make our community an even better place to live and work. Here’s a sneak peak at just a few.


Telus PureFibre Build

In 2020 and 2021, Lac La Biche County partnered with TELUS to bring PureFibre to the hamlets of Lac La Biche and Plamondon. PureFibre provides first-class, near instantaneous internet connectivity in our community, and is a unique competitive advantage that few places—even larger population centres in Alberta—can claim.

 Lac La Biche County covered approximately $7.2 million of the project cost, which was 44 per cent of the cost. TELUS covered the remaining 56 per cent. This represented a significant investment, showing Lac La Biche County Council’s commitment to bringing state-of-the-art connectivity to rural Alberta and helping us diversify our economy.

Main St Lac La Biche Revitalization Project 

Main Street Lac La Biche Revitalization Project

Main Street in the hamlet of Lac La Biche (the County’s largest urban space, located on the shores of Lac La Biche Lake) will soon be transformed into a more modern, walkable destination where locals and visitors alike will want to spend time and money. Beyond revamping underground utility services that supply businesses and homes in the area, aesthetic elements like new lighting, seating, and landscaping will make Main Street Lac La Biche a premier place for entrepreneurs and investors to open boutiques, cafes, shops, and more. Part of the project, Richard Devonian Park, was completed in the fall of 2022.

The project is planned for completion in fall 2025. Concepts subject to change.

Bold Centre

Lac La Biche East

We are developing the area near the Bold Centre (the County’s recreation multiplex) into a premier recreational, commercial, residential, and natural space where residents and visitors live, work, and play.

The area includes:

  • Highway, arterial, and neighbourhood commercial spaces.
  • The Bold Center multiplex, with top-tier outdoor sports fields, including an artificial turf and ball diamonds.
  • An RV campground.
  • Walking trails and parks.
  • Numerous housing options.

This means exciting opportunities to invest in, develop, build, and make your mark on a brand-new hub in the hamlet of Lac La Biche.

Aquatics Centre Concep

Aquatics Centre at the Bold Centre

Planned to open in fall 2025, this new investment in the Bold Centre will complete the recreational multiplex’s offerings with a brand-new aquatics centre.

 Current concept and layout subject to change.

McArthur Park Concept

McArthur Park

Located in the heart of the hamlet of Lac La Biche, McArthur Park is a jewel in the community and highly visible to anyone travelling through. Its 12 acres of parks and recreation amenities provide an unparalleled view of beautiful Lac La Biche Lake.

Council has committed to transforming the space over the next few years. By 2026, McArthur Park will include brand new open spaces, recreational equipment, sheltered meeting spaces, and an improved beach and trail system that will draw visitors and residents alike to the hamlet of Lac La Biche.

Concept and layout subject to change.